DANCING ON THE SHORE – REOPENING UPDATE JUNE 15th
Covid – 19 Reopening Protocols – June 15, 2020
Dancing on the Shore is committed to keeping all students and staff as safe as possible as we reopen on Monday June 23, 2020. We will be taking the following steps to ensure everyone’s safetyStaff will have daily temperature & wellness checks. Staff will wash their hands in before and in between each dance lesson.
- Staff will wear masks at all time in accordance to state guidelines.
- Questions about health and wellness will be asked to student upon arrival to dance lesson.
- All students will be required to sign a hold harmless waiver at the time of their first lesson after the reopening.
- Only students taking lessons will be allowed in the studio. No spectators please.
- All lessons will be 50 min in length. This will allow teacher time to wash hands and sanitize any needed surface in between lessons.
- All commonly touch surfaces will be sanitized by staff before lessons as well as through out the day.
- All students are asked to wear masks when entering and leaving dance lessons while in the common shared areas of the studios.
- Students are asked to wash their hands before and after lessons as well as to sanitize as needed during the lesson (sanitizer will be provided).
- Please do not enter dance studio until prior client has left and teacher has come out of studio. Please wait in waiting area or outside of the building (to be made specific by location – see below).
- Please maintain social distancing between all other students and staff.
- During lessons staff will wear masks. Clients will be required to wear masks if they become with in 6ft of instructor. Students who cohabitate will not be required to wear masks if they maintain a 6ft distance from teacher. If students do dance with staff student will be REQUIRED to wear a mask while dancing with instructor and both instructor and student will sanitize immediately after dancing with each other. Students acknowledge the potential risk of dancing with the instructor even while wearing masks.
- Group lessons – Currently no rotation of partners will be taking place. Singles can choose to partner with each other and dance with the same partner during the entire lesson while wearing mask. Otherwise singles will be required to practice steps on their own during the group lesson. Group lessons will be limited to 10 so pre- registration will be required.
Location specific details:
- You will need to go to the red tent outside to have your temperature taken before allowed in the building. Please make sure you do not arrive in a hot car or jog to the tent as this could raise your body temperature.
- Masks are required when in ANY common areas of the YMCA.
- Please wait outside of the dance studios for prior student to leave and teacher to come out before entering.
Milford – First State Dance Academy
- Due to the size of the waiting area we ask all students wait outside of building until prior student leaves and Amanda comes outside.
- Changing of shoes will be done upstairs in dance studio.
- Masks to be worn in all downstairs areas.
Mid Shore Dance Academy Easton & 447 Cambridge
- Please wait in waiting areas for prior student to exit and instructor to come out of studio before entering the dance studio
- Please wear masks while in waiting area
We appreciate everyone being understanding in these matters. We are following CDC and State guidelines as well as following the advice of several medical professional. It is our goal to offer dancing back to everyone in the safest way possible. We are very excited about being able to reopen and thank everyone for their continued support.
Amanda and the staff of Dancing on the Shore
DANCING ON THE SHORE UPDATE ON COVID – 19 – JUNE 10th!
It is official we’re back!!! Dancing on the Shore will officially reopen on Monday June 22nd! We are super excited to be able to return bringing dancing back to you.
There is a lot of moving parts when it comes to Dancing on the Shore reopening. I ask that you please be patient with us as I try to put in effect the reopening plan. We will initially start with rescheduling private lessons the week of June 22nd. Group lessons in limited locations will resume following the 4th of July.
Private lesson students: Your instructor will be in touch with you in the next few days to schedule your next dance lesson. We kindly ask for your patience and ask that you allow us to reach out to you to schedule your next lesson.
Group lesson students: Please keep a watch on facebook, instagram and in your inbox for continued updates on group class schedule.
Next week the Maryland health department will announce the safety measures we will need follow for us to reopen. We will be putting in effect necessary safety measures to keep everyone as safe as possible as we return back to dancing. We will be posting these safety measures as soon as possible.
Finally, we do understand that the risk of the corona virus is still very real. We understand that some students will not feel safe or ready to come back to taking dance lessons at this time. Please know that we are with you and understand completely. Please feel free to email me at email@example.com with any concerns
Thank you for your support during the past 3 months. We can’t wait to see everyone soon!!
Owner / Professional Dance Instructor
Dancing on the Shore
Amanda Showell – Owner, Dancing on the Shore
Welcome to Dancing on the Shore!
We offer professional, high quality ballroom and latin dance instruction throughout the Eastern Shore. Our instructors are former competitors / performers and are certified professional teachers.
Instruction includes both International & American style ballroom dance at all levels. We also offer classes in Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz, Quickstep,Rumba, Cha-Cha, Samba, Paso Doble, Mambo, Bolero, Jive, East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, Single time Swing, Polka ,Argentine Tango, Salsa, Bachata, Hustle, Nightclub Two-Step, Country Two-Step and Ballroom Line Dancing.
We are now also offering Country Couple Dancing as well!
We proudly teach the DIVIDA American style and ISTD international style syllabuses.
WE OFFER GROUP & PRIVATE LESSONS
*****Please note as of right now we are not able to accept online payments for group lesson registration. If you wish to register for a class please call 302-377-3088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org****
Gift Certificates Available!
Classes are currently taught in Easton, Salisbury, Centreville, Berlin MD, Milford, DE and Lewes,
Dancing on the Shore’s hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8am – 9pm. You can reach us at 302-377-3088 or infodancingontheshore.com. Calls received after hours or on the weekends will be returned at our earliest possible convenience. Facebook messages will also be responded to during our hours of operation. Please note phone calls received on the weekends may not be returned till Monday morning.
Join our e-mail list please email us at email@example.com